Sunday, November 9, 2008

Busy But Good!

It's been a whole week since I posted and I'm trying to figure out what I did all week that would have prevented me.... Oh, wait... It's called life... :)

I don't remember what I did on Monday. Weird. Tuesday was our date night and we went and bought stuff to start painting our front room. We need to prime the walls and the ceiling so we will end up painting everything like 3 times. Annoying, but hopefully the results will be worth it! We also went to Bajio Grill which was very tasty. It started snowing on our way back and by the next morning, we had been dumped on! The probability of me getting my garden done just went way down. And I only had a little left! Oh, well...

Wednesday night we hung out with the kids and played dominoes. After they went to bed, I broke into the painting stuff. I got one wall done. Whoohoo! Thursday night I helped my kids pack to go to Granny's house. Then we went to Pack Meeting were Jacob earned his Whitling Safty Patch, had icecream in celebration, and headed to the Moore's house where I put the kids to bed. My aunt was meeting my mom at the 'half-way point' the next morning and my kids were going with her to be swapped out for her kids. Very convenient for me! So, Jacob and Isabel are enjoying some good Granny/Grandpa and Oma/Opa time up in Idaho Falls. They will be back this Friday and though I miss them terribly, I hope to get a lot accomplished.

Friday night Isaac and I went to a Relationship Date Night/Seminar that my friend Scott Anderson teaches. I've been to it many times before but this was the first time I had gone with someone I was actually in a relationship with. He gears the seminar part towards married couples. It was very good. I enjoyed it! The food needed a little help, but then again, Bro. Anderson didn't have me in charge of it (which he succeeded in getting me to agree to help out in that regard in the future...) He kinda likes me...

Saturday we went Christmas shopping. I had worked on our list all week! We went to Costco, Toys R' Us, K-Mart, and Target. We got about half of it done. Then we met Richard and Hollie for dinner at Cafe Rio (Yummmmm!) then went to their apartment for dessert and games. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to more nights with them like that! We headed home and proceeded to do more shopping on Amazon. We ordered the gifts we were unable to find in the stores. So, now I can say most of our Christmas shopping is done! Now I get to concentrate on all the fun details that make Christmas so amazing! Yay!

Today I slept in, went to church, took a nap, reviewed and rewrote my 'lists',and now I'm writing this post. Lazy day. I so need it! I have a big week ahead of me! Lots of painting, sore muscles, and whatever else is on my list. Should be good! I took 'before' pics of my front room so hopefully I'll get enough done this week to post them....

Later!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Whew! I so needed my Kara fix, I was getting way to low! You always impress me and keep me headed in the right direction. Yeah, painting! I can't wait to see what it looks like! I can't believe you have your x-mas shopping done. I haven't even begun to make gifts yet! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Ya same here, I just started thinking about thinking about Christmas. Still doing weddings over here. Is the color still blue? Sounds like fun. the kids are doing great. jacob thinks there is nothing to do if no video games, but he is doing just fine with his sister. Also, a few piano lessons may give you a surprise!