Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK!

I had a great 3-day weekend! Friday I came home from work and took a nap (I was exhausted from being up with Jacob and his upset stomach the night before), woke up just in time to go to a Pampered Chef party with some women in my new ward, came home and relaxed with my hubby while we watched some of 'Buffy' Season 2.

I slept in on Saturday, relaxed most of the day, and went on a fun date with Isaac. We hit Lowe's (looked at possible bathroom ideas), Dave's Famous BBQ (which had the most scrumptious smoked salmon cheese spread I have ever tasted!!!), and then watched 'The Prestige' at home. Fascinating movie. There wasn't really a defined good guy....

Sunday I didn't sleep in quite as long, as I needed to put some finishing touches on my Sharing Time presentation for Primary. Then we headed to church where Sharing Time was a hit and the speakers were not. Seriously, I have never zoned out so completely! Isaac and I were giggling at our 'family trees'. Yes, we were being irreverent...and yes it was fun. After church, I picked up the kids for a little bit so Jacob could practice his piano. Then we dropped them back off, and headed to Richard and Hollie's were we enjoyed a marvelous dinner and really fun games. Ryan and Kali were there and we learned how to play one of the games Ryan has created. It was really fun and very well done!

Today, I slept in a little bit, picked up my kids, and we relaxed at home most of the day. Richard came over to do homework and Hollie came after she got off work. We had dinner together and soon the kids got picked up. We were supposed to split the day today, but Jimmy ended up having to go to Provo so I had my kids all day. We were all very happy about that! :) I also signed up with the rec center and even went walking tonight! It's something I'm really excited about and something that I really need in my life. Yay!

Well, that was my wonderful weekend. Lots of relaxing and great company! :)

What did you do??

4 comments:

Aqui Wolfe said...

Homework, donated plasma, and accompanied my roommate on an expedition.

Miranda said...

Hey! I spent yesterday working (yuck!) but today Grace has her tonsils coming out so Im excited for that. She really needs it.

Andi said...

I love to hear what you are doing! I don't even remember my weekend. Let me think about it....hum........

trinathegranny said...

I mended 8 bright yellow fox trop dresses, very fluffy. the two dogs kept wanting to lay on them. no, really really fluffy, they took up almost 1/4 of a room. finished them yesterday with some blingy scarfy stuff around the neck.