Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Writing and Less Busy

Yeah right! But I'll do my best.

This last weekend was Isabel's birthday and we had a family party for her. Mom, Corbett, Ben, and Grandma came down from Idaho and the Pike's came up too! And of course Richard and Hollie were here! It was fun for us to be together!

After the party, we went to the Draper Temple Open House.... all 35 of us. We met up with Rollin and family and Ryan/Kali/Seth/Breanna. It was funny cuz all of us showed up at the right parking lot at the same time. It was a miracle! We were waiting for a bit, but the temple was gorgeous!

The next day we went to my cousin's baptism that was followed by some good eating with great people. We finished the night at my house playing games and devouring good food. Something we love to do! We played the game Kenny and April got us for Christmas called "Arkham Horror." It looked kinda complicated due to the many pieces, but it was really fun! Even Hollie like it. It only took us 5 hours to finish one game! I think it will be even more fun the next time we play it since we won't have to constantly checking the rule book...

Sunday was pretty mellow. We went to church and I introduced my wonderful mother to our primary since I was conducting. :) After church, Isaac and I had some food and then we vegged the rest of the day. We got a few episodes of Buffy in and enjoyed the glorious brain numbing effect it had on us.

Not much has happened this week. I got tired of returning shelves to Walmart due to my stupid closet not being built straight so I went to Lowe's and got stuff to do it myself! I'm still in the middle of constructin them, but so far they look great and will work better than any other shelf I could have bought! And it only cost me $7 more than what I paid for some really lousy shelves... Go me! One of these days I'll finish my shelves and get my "wreck" room organized... Its my goal for the month!

So does anyone else have any goals this month??

3 comments:

Andi said...

Yeah, Happy B-day Isabel! My goal this week is to try and remember everything I did. A seriously lofty goal. Go you...building your own shelves. I have no doubt that they turned out fabulous!

trinathegranny said...

We really did have a great time. I don't think you thought much of it, but the youngest sibling (corbett) was running the game. all gave him respect and listened. do you realize how neat that is? He probably didn't realize how wonderful that was. actually I guess he takes it all in stride, but he does tell everyone that having older sibling is the very best. Now you know why. It's just a neat thing the way you treat him.

also, this month. i got my bathrooms cleaned! *thank you, thank you, (humbly taking praise)* but seriously, I went shopping for the whole month today. I will have delicious meals on the table every day. I also have many sewing projects. I want to have 6 skirts sewed, they are already cut out. I have a table cloth (round) and some pillows to sew for shannon. to name just a few.

Christi said...

I feel so bad- I had totally forgotten about Isabel's birthday! My sister came into town and I got distracted- lousy excuse, I know! Tell her happy birthday from Lucas and Abby- we will have something for her next time we hang out with you guys- when will that be, by the way?