Monday, October 13, 2008

I Have an 8 Year Old!

I would loudly exclaim that I am not old enough to have an 8 year-old child except that I obviously have an 8 year-old son. So maybe I should confess that I'm starting to get old? BUT I remember my own mom and other's moms when I was 8 and I remember them seeming so "adultish." I'm so not "adultish!" Then again, maybe my son views me that way.....



Jacob's Birthday Bash was a HUGE success! We had over 80 people attend the baptism and over 60 attend the party. Yeah... we had to go buy more propane, chips, and drinks. But it was a blast and a half!


And look! I got pics!! Well, actually my awesome cousin Becca was in charge of the camera which (I really appreciated) since I had others things on my mind (like throwing a good party!) so then I didn't have to worry about not getting any pictures of my son's momentous 8th birthday. We had family from all 4 sides of his family. :) And tons of friends. It was just awesome and I had way too much fun!

Jacob got some pretty cool gifts, I just have to add. I admit I coordinated most of them (less I had to buy!). He got a lot of fun toys and most important- church and scout stuff! This was his favorite gift... a BIG Bionicle!!


After the party, Jacob and his posse of friends played his new game "Mario Party 8" until I had to send two of them home because they were getting to annoying (to put it bluntly). Then Jacob and his cousin Zach worked on the Bionicles that Jacob had received. It was very quiet for a long time. We spent the rest of the evening with my sister Aprilynne and her wonderful family. We played "Nertz" (a very fun, fast card game) and chatted until they had to go home. Here's a picture of her son Gid eating the leftover birthday cake.... I think its cute!

Anyways. The day was a success. Isabel is feeling tons better. I'm excited to post pics on here now. And now I'm looking forward to sleeping tonight. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It truly was an amazing day. so many people came to support and show love for jacob and his mom and dad. I felt an incredible spirit there. We had a nice ride home, the weather waited for us to get home safe and then the next day, whoe, snow and cold and ice. I was glad to be home in my little warm house.
I have picutres of you when you were 8. It wasn't that long ago.

Aqui Wolfe said...

How exciting! It's gonna be Isabel before you know it!

Miranda said...

Thank you for inviting us to the baptism. It really was a spiritual experience, and I loved seeing everyone. You are truly blessed with an amazing family. We need to get together more often!

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! I definitely agree, I am way too young for you to have an 8 year old:)! Cool hair cut Jacob (when are you getting a Mohawk?)!